January 2023 eToro Portfolio Update

Video with English Audio


Video with Italian Audio


Video transcription

Hello and welcome to the January 2023 eToro Portfolio Update.
My eToro username is PassionForProfit.

The risk score of my portfolio is 3, which is very low.
Currently, 14 people are copying my portfolio.
I am a Cadet Popular Investor.

My portfolio in January has gone down by 1.87%.

The stock market had a positive start in 2023.
All three major US indexes closed in profit.
The sentiment is greedy and investors are buying because they believe that inflation will soon return to the target and there will be no recession.
My portfolio closed the month at a loss despite the positive time for the market because I hold some short positions.

Inflation is still the number one enemy of the economy at the moment and the Federal Reserve is working to bring it down by implementing a restrictive monetary policy. Yesterday, Jerome Powell announced an interest rate increase of 0.25%, as expected, and said that there will be a couple more hikes before a pause.
It appears that there will be a soft landing with no or mild economic damage. As usual, I will monitor the economic data as well as the markets on daily basis to adjust my strategy accordingly.

The current asset allocation of my portfolio is:

  • 24% Stocks
  • 53% ETFs
  • 23% Cash

Last month I closed in profit some short positions and took profit also on some stocks, gold and silver.
70% of my open positions are long and the remaining 30% are short.
I have some cash in my balance, which I will use to open new positions at the right time.
The risk score of my portfolio remains at level 3.

These are my recommendations for copiers and anyone who wants to invest in my portfolio:

  • Be patient and remain calm
  • Keep the copy open for long term
  • Invest more than 1000 USD
    If you have less than 1000 USD, you can start with a lower amount now and add more later.
    If you can, keep adding funds to the copy every month.

My 2023 goals are:

  • To close this year in profit
  • Keeping the risk score low
  • To become a Champion Popular Investor.

In Summary, last month my portfolio closed at a loss.
The portfolio risk score is low and remains at level 3.
I am expecting 2023 to be a positive year for my portfolio.
Now is a good time to start investing in my portfolio if you are new, or you can add more funds to your copy if you are already a copier.

I would like to take this occasion to thank all my copiers for your trust.
Thank you for watching this video.
Please subscribe to my channel and press the like button.
If you have any questions or feedback get in touch via email or social media.
See you in the next video. Bye.

Federica Montella
Popular Investor presso eToro

How to copy my portfolio

If you want to invest in my portfolio, please follow these steps:

1. Create a new account on eToro, via the following link https://federicamontella.com/go/etoro/
2. Go to my eToro profile: https://federicamontella.com/go/etoro-passionforprofit/
3. Click on COPY

eToro Disclaimer

eToro is a multi-asset platform which offers both investing in stocks and cryptoassets, as well as trading CFDs.

Please note that CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. {etoroCFDrisk}% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work, and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.

Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.

Copy Trading does not amount to investment advice. The value of your investments may go up or down. Your capital is at risk.

Cryptoasset investing is highly volatile and unregulated in some EU countries. No consumer protection. Tax on profits may apply.

eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity specific information about eToro.

Crypto Investing Risk Warning

Crypto assets are highly volatile. Your capital is at risk.
Don’t invest unless you’re prepared to lose all the money you invest.
This is a high-risk investment, and you should not expect to be protected if something goes wrong.

Read the full disclaimer

Sign up to receive my latest articles in your inbox

I agree that my data is used according to the privacy policy

Author: Federica Montella
eToro Popular Investor, food lover and blogger. Stock trader and Popular Investor at eToro. I am on a mission to find the best restaurants and food to eat.